Windows Liuve One Care Update RRS feed

• Question

•  

This past week Microsoft Updated Windows Live One Care. The application began complaning about Norton Live Update and Live One Care indicates that the computer is at risk as a result of this application being installed on this computer.

I want to know why all of a sudden this occurred. It is highly unlikely that I will remove Norton pcAnywhere or Ghost to resolve this problem.

Does anyone have an idea if Microsoft has a resolution to this issue short of uninstalling these programs from the computer ?

Greg Meador

Sunday, January 20, 2008 3:32 AM

Answers

• The problem is not Ghost or pcAnywhere, but LiveUpdate. I'm hopeful that this is one of the issues addressed in the forthcoming update to OneCare, possibly around 1/31/07. The problem is that OneCare is detecting LiveUpdate as a component of the Symantec Security software which is known to conflict. LiveUpdate will not conflict, though until this is resolved by OneCare, you either need to ignore the warning or remove LiveUpdate for now.

-steve

Sunday, January 20, 2008 3:52 AM

All replies

• The problem is not Ghost or pcAnywhere, but LiveUpdate. I'm hopeful that this is one of the issues addressed in the forthcoming update to OneCare, possibly around 1/31/07. The problem is that OneCare is detecting LiveUpdate as a component of the Symantec Security software which is known to conflict. LiveUpdate will not conflict, though until this is resolved by OneCare, you either need to ignore the warning or remove LiveUpdate for now.

-steve

Sunday, January 20, 2008 3:52 AM
  • If I uninstal Nortons live update will I still be able to manually update by opening Ghost, or will it cause problems with Ghost causing me to be unable to update.
    Sunday, January 27, 2008 3:30 PM
  • Not being familiar with the recent versions of Ghost, I can't tell you if there is an update function within the program, but I suspect not as all updating is handled via the LiveUpdate program. I believe you can check the Norton/Symantec site for updates as needed, but I also hope that the next update to OneCare removes this warning. Sit tight, if you can, the update is due soon.

-steve

Monday, January 28, 2008 1:14 AM
  • Thank you Steven ...will sit tight. There doesn't seem to be any effects other than the warning.
    Monday, January 28, 2008 2:53 AM
  • Hello,

i have wloc 2.0.2500.22.

Is wloc now compatible with liveupdate?

Thanks for answer.

Thursday, February 7, 2008 9:48 PM
  • I believe that LiveUpdate by itself will no longer be a problem with the latest version. The Security Suites will be, though.

-steve

Friday, February 8, 2008 1:42 AM
  • My Live One Care no longer update the Virus scanning programs.

I had a Zone Alarm Browser plugini nstalled and its update may have conflicted.  However, I removed it and Live One Care will still not update the Virus package.

I do not have an Sysmantec programs or LiveUpdate.

I do us Spydoctor and Registry Mechanic, from PCTOOLS.  It has ben working OK until this last week, with those two routines. I have unloaded and rebooted to no avail.

Thanks for an email as I have a time getting on here.

Regards,

Bob$$$

Sunday, February 10, 2008 7:41 PM
  •  Bob@moneymaker.com wrote:

My Live One Care no longer update the Virus scanning programs.

I had a Zone Alarm Browser plugini nstalled and its update may have conflicted.  However, I removed it and Live One Care will still not update the Virus package.

I do not have an Sysmantec programs or LiveUpdate.

I do us Spydoctor and Registry Mechanic, from PCTOOLS.  It has ben working OK until this last week, with those two routines. I have unloaded and rebooted to no avail.

Thanks for an email as I have a time getting on here.

Regards,

Bob$$$

Bob, see this post:

Information to help troubleshoot and resolve update problems -

http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1286736&SiteID=2

-steve

Monday, February 11, 2008 1:31 AM