Microsoft Dynamic CRM Online and Email Capabilities RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Our organisation is subscribing to Microsoft Dynamic CRM Online with onsite Exchange Server 2003 (planning to upgrade to 2013).

I have read: MSDN Article hh699738 - Planning Email Integration

I have a few questions:

1) For email integration capabilities, is Email router an online solution? Assuming we want a FULL cloud based solution where user can send email from the web browser without need to worry about onsite software e.g. outlook.

2) Does the software: Microsoft Dynamic CRM Email router need to be install in a machine that is live 24/7?

3) Why does an MNC like Microsoft with a cloud based solution need an offline software, when software like webmail or even your ordinary mobile phone can send/receive with the proper ID/password and server information?

Thank you for your patience

Yours truly,

CK

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 2:51 AM

All replies

• 1. You could install the email on an Azure or other hosted server. There isn't currently any Microsoft service that provides just this functionality.

2. Assuming a person could log in at anytime and send an email - you would want the email router running 24/7

3. CRM 2013 introduces Server-side Synchronization which begins to eliminate the need for the dependency on the email router. Current support is CRM On Premise to Exchange On Premise and CRM Online to Exchange Online support is in the near future. Mixed environments Online to On Premise I believe are still being considered.

Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 Implementation Guide

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 4:07 AM