none
Post editor Not editing correctly is there anything That were doing wrong when editing or is it a problem in the editor? RRS feed

• Question

• I made a post and was told the it was wronf to use a answerers name in the question. So I decided to edit the post. I changed the question and submitted it. The change was made correctly. But I noticed The the wording of the post did not match the question because people would not have a reference to the original post. So I decided to edit it again changing some of the wording and adding a link to the original post. It showed up correctly in the editor. Then I submitted it. I went to check the post and it had added a bunch of line spaces to the code portion of the post. The other corrections were correct. I went back and deleted the code and pasted it bac in. The new post showed the pasted in code but a complete sub routine was missing and it  did show on the post editor because I read code to make sure it was all there and correct. I am running windows vista, IE 8, and had 2 visual studio exspress running at same time with different apps. I copied the code from exspress and pasted it into the Html. This is about all I can tell you about what I did and was doing at the time. Oh yea had stop for about 2 minutes while I was editing and leave the laptop to take care of my wife, she had a stroke and is invalid. So I have get up and take care of her from time to time and this leaves the editor open. Could this be a part of the problem?

Curtis
    Always Lost in Code
    Sunday, January 17, 2010 6:31 PM

Answers

• Thanks for reporting Curtis. We have bugs around the editor control. One of which is pasting code. 1. Adding extra lines and others involved formatting. Currently we're fixing issues around stability of the app but these bugs it's in our radar. No ETA on a fix.
    Forums Test Lead
    • Marked as answer by Curtis UN Thursday, January 21, 2010 10:14 PM
    Monday, January 18, 2010 7:05 PM

All replies

• I may have found where the editing Problem may be coming from. when you select HtML it brings up a window to insert code in. At the top is a selection for the type of code your are posting. In the textbox it has not specified already focused. I was inserting VS 2008 code and not changing the text box to .net this may have been the reason for the code spacing and missing code problem. I edit my post Agaiin using the .net type, it edited, submitted,and shows correctly. Just wondering if there is some problem with the unspecified type when used with .net type code.
    Always Lost in Code
    Sunday, January 17, 2010 6:57 PM
  • Thanks for reporting Curtis. We have bugs around the editor control. One of which is pasting code. 1. Adding extra lines and others involved formatting. Currently we're fixing issues around stability of the app but these bugs it's in our radar. No ETA on a fix.
    Forums Test Lead
    • Marked as answer by Curtis UN Thursday, January 21, 2010 10:14 PM
    Monday, January 18, 2010 7:05 PM