none
Question incorrectly marked with answer but cannot unmark it.

Question

• Hi Folks,

I have a thread that has been incorrectly marked as an answer provided - however, I cannot unmark it - when I try I just get "unexpected error".

It would also be useful if MS staff/helpers could avoid marking threads as answered just because they have replied to them - at least without checking with the original poster to see if the answer was correct.  Sometimes due to work load, it can take a few days for the OP to get back to the thread.   I have had a few posts incorrectly marked as answered in the last few days.

Wednesday, April 2, 2014 1:30 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

The 'unexpected error' message has been appearing on and off (more on than off) for a while now. This happens when you try to mark/unmark or propose/unpropose an answer. This has been reported in several threads, so I'm pretty sure the forums team is aware of this issue (see here for another thread like this).

As for your thread being marked as answered by a moderator, the standard guidelines are for a moderator to propose an answer and then wait 7 days before marking it. Does that fit within the timeline of what happened in your threads?

Don't retire TechNet! - (Don't give up yet - 12,700+ strong and growing)

• Proposed as answer by Naomi NModerator Wednesday, April 2, 2014 3:49 PM
    • Marked as answer by AndyW2007 Monday, April 7, 2014 7:22 PM
    Wednesday, April 2, 2014 1:42 AM
  • Hello Andy,

When you face such issue please try to unmark after few minutes again.I have noticed this .Also I have noticed if same post is being editied by someone and you try to unmark answer you might face this issue.

Please mark this reply as the answer or vote as helpful, as appropriate, to make it useful for other readers

Monday, April 7, 2014 12:32 PM
  • I think sending email to fissues at microsoft dot com about this problem may be a good course of actions. I sent a few myself and unfortunately the problem exists for about 2+ months now and nothing yet has been done. I often can not do my work because of this problem.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Monday, April 7, 2014 3:50 PM