Trying to add computer to my subscription RRS feed

• Question

• My Live One Care subscription renewed in May and I was charged the $49 for the renewal of my subscription for another year.  As I was charged for the renewal, I understand I will have support for the next year.  I just tried to add Live One Care to a new computer that I just purchased and when I click on "add another computer", I am brought to a screen that says End of One Care Sale and the only link that is available to click on is "Install the free trial of Windows Live One Care".  As a I have a paid subscription, I am supposed to be entitled to install Live One Care on three computers.  I already have it installed on two computers so I should be able to install it on my new computer and have it supported until my subscription runs out next May.  Also, another thought comes to mind is that I would not be able to reinstall Live One Care on my other two computers if something happens where I would have to uninstall and reinstall.  I have had some problems in the past where I had to uninstall Live One Care and reinstall it.  Now that capability isn't available for me either.  Can someone help me regarding this problem?

Tuesday, August 4, 2009 2:05 AM

Answers

•  Install the One Care trial - http://onecare.live.com/standard/en-us/install/install.htm  To activate, open One Care, select "Subscribe" and when asked for a Live ID enter  the Live ID and password associated with your subscription and One Care will activate. This same method can be used to reinstall One Care if needed on your other computers.
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Tuesday, August 4, 2009 4:13 AM

All replies

•  Install the One Care trial - http://onecare.live.com/standard/en-us/install/install.htm  To activate, open One Care, select "Subscribe" and when asked for a Live ID enter  the Live ID and password associated with your subscription and One Care will activate. This same method can be used to reinstall One Care if needed on your other computers.
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Tuesday, August 4, 2009 4:13 AM
  • I have a similar question.  Up until recently I had a "OneCare Circle" of three computers.  One died and was replaced with a new computer, that up until now has been running a free trial protection suite.  I want to add this new computer to my "circle" but believe I may have trouble, since I already have a "full circle" according to the OneCare records.  What should I do to be able to switch this new computer into my "circle" and eliminate the old, dead one.
    Thursday, August 6, 2009 4:48 PM
  • Go to your Hub computer and remove the "dead' computer from your One Care Circle, then activate the trial on the new computer. To activate the trial  open One Care, select "Subscribe" and when asked for a Live ID enter  the Live ID and password associated with your subscription and One Care will activate.

Thursday, August 6, 2009 4:54 PM
  • how can i find out my live ID?
    Sunday, August 9, 2009 10:51 PM
  • If you have One Care installed on another computer open One Care>Help>About Windows Live One Care and you will see the Live ID associated with your subscription. If you don't have One Care on another computer or can't remember your password you will have to contact support. How to reach support - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90
    Sunday, August 9, 2009 10:54 PM