none
Slow speed transfer between virtual pc and server RRS feed

• Question

• I have toshiba satellite laptop with windows 7 home premium 64 bit, 4 GB DDR3 RAM and an I5 processor.  I installed a XP32 virtual machine  to use some software.  Previoulsly I had used the same VPC in a  XP64 desktop and do not recall transferring data being an issue.  The transition and installation in Win 7 was very easy and smooth.  I am currently not using the integration tools but when I did I had the same problem.  As a network device in the VPC settings I am using the same card as the laptop on which the VPC sits.  The laptop has a fixed IP address and the the virtual a dynamic one.

My issue is simple: It takes forever to move data from the server to the VPC, even if the data is using the same hard drive.   Last time I spent about 25 minutes moving 20 Mb.  This essentially defeats the purpose of the VPC for me and I may have to look for other alternatives to use older software. 

Suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

jvilaplana

• Moved by Whosane002 Saturday, April 3, 2010 12:18 AM (From:MSDN, TechNet, and Expression Profile Feedback)
    Friday, April 2, 2010 1:26 AM