request developer key for msft ad center api RRS feed

• Question

• how do i get/request a developer key for msft ad center?

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 10:49 PM

All replies

• Application at MS API Website:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa983013.aspx

Cheers!

Q: What is the Microsoft adCenter API?
    A: The Microsoft adCenter API is an XML-based Web service that uses SOAP to enable programmatic management of advertising campaigns. To call the service, you have to use the Microsoft adCenter Web Service Description Language (WSDL) documents.

Q: Can I sign up for the Microsoft adCenter API Program?
    A: Currently, the API program is by invitation only. We will be directly contacting advertisers who are qualified candidates for the program or who have previously applied.

Q: How can I use the Microsoft adCenter API?
    A: You can use the API to automate certain tasks or to simplify tasks in bulk. The API currently offers functionality such as the following:

·          Add or delete orders for a campaign 

·          Add or delete keywords for an order 

·          Add or delete ads for an order 

·          Update orders, keywords, or ads 

·          Estimate the keyword price based on position 

·          Retrieve performance reports 

Q: How can I access the Microsoft adCenter API?
    A: Currently, the API program is by invitation only. We will be directly contacting advertisers who are qualified candidates for the program or who have previously applied.

Q: How will adCenter help me get started with the API?
    A: The Microsoft adCenter API Program provides a software development kit (SDK) that contains the following items to help you get started with the API:

• A pointer to the Microsoft adCenter Web Service Description Language (WSDL) documents 

• Detailed developer documentation 

• Code samples that explain how to use the API 

Q: What is the API access key?
    A: Advertisers who are accepted into the API program will receive an API access key. The API access key is a unique alphanumeric value (string) that, together with the user name and password, is used to validate any calls to the API. The API access key is intended to help provide a secure environment for your data. A unique key is issued to individual users at signup to enable them to access and use the adCenter APIs. The API access key helps provide more security (authentication) than the user name and password alone provide.

Q: Is the API available in languages other than English?
    A: The API and the API Help content are available only in English. However, you can specify the language that is used for your ads through the API calls. For example, the AdCenterOrder class contains the AdCenterOrder.KwdLanguage property.

Q: Where can I learn more about the Microsoft adCenter API?
    A: To learn more about the Microsoft adCenter API, visit the following Microsoft adCenter API website.

Q: Why does Microsoft not offer the adCenter API to everyone, like Google and Yahoo do?
    A: The adCenter API program currently is available by invitation only. Microsoft adCenter is committed to building an API solution that is scalable to meet the needs of advertisers of every size and type. In the future, all advertisers will be able to access the adCenter API.

Although we do not have a date when the adCenter API will formally be available to all advertisers, we encourage you to keep checking back. In the meantime, we have released several features in the adCenter user interface to enable faster and more efficient campaign management.

To see what is new, visit the following visit the following Microsoft adCenter Help topic: What’s new in adCenter?

Q: How much do you charge to use the adCenter API?
    A: We are aware that other competitors charge to use their API. Microsoft has no plans to begin charging for the adCenter API program. Microsoft adCenter has plans to maintain free API access to provide an efficient and rewarding advertising experience.

Q: Why has the API interest form been removed?
    A: We have received overwhelming interest in the API pilot. Therefore, we will be reviewing applications to initiate invitations. We may ask for additional interested advertisers at a later date.

Q: You say that the adCenter API is by invitation only. You are also contacting qualified candidates directly. What do I have to do to be part of a “qualified” group?
    A: Advertisers or agencies that are invited to the program are evaluated for size, for their ability to implement the API coding, for vertical fit, and for other criteria.

Q: I have already submitted an application to join the API program, but I haven’t received a response.
    A: We are currently reviewing all applications. We will be responding to all applicants within the next few months.

Q: When can I apply for this program again?

Q: I submitted my application months ago to join the API program. Why is it taking so long?
    A: We apologize for the delay. During the ramp-up of our API program, we have focused on making sure that the API program is reliable, stable, and scalable. We will be contacting all advertisers who have applied for the program to let them know the status of their application.

Thursday, February 21, 2008 3:39 PM