none
What is "Could not authenticate with LiveConnect" error probably caused by?

Question

• Dear all,

I excountered another unexpected error while using the new NNTP Server.

I selected "Logout and Exit" from the menu. Next time when I launched the NNTP Server and clicked "Start", a "LiveAuthForm" dialogue appeared, asked for my Microsoft Account and password. I entered, and it seemed I had signed in. The "LiveAuthForm" dialogue changed like this (Displayed in my language ZH-CN. The following are translated by myself):

>>Microsoft Account

>>Do you allow this application to access your information?

>>NNTPBridge_Test needs your permission to continue the following operations:

>>Keep you signed in automatically.
    >>Access your information at anytime.

>>You can change these application permissions from your account settings at any time.

>>Yes or No?

When I clicked "Yes" in this dialogue, there would be a "Could not authenticate with LiveConnect!" pop-up appeared suddenly. I could not use the NNTP Server at all.

Any idea what is this "Could not authenticate with LiveConnect" error probably caused by? Is there any LiveConnect addon or plugin I need to reinstall?   

Suggestions would be deeply appreciated. Thank you all.

--
    Alexis Zhang

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 3:13 AM

Answers

• I submitted a bug request. Thanks!

Ed Price, Power BI & SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Saturday, February 1, 2014 1:16 AM
    Owner
  • Dear Ed Price,

I have a new finding about this issue.

I always had this problem when I was in New Zealand. But in this month I came back to China for my holiday, the problem was automatically resolved without doing anything. I can use the NNTP Bridge properly now in China.

Therefore, I guess the issue is not caused by my laptop's setting. It is probably related to the time zone. The time difference between New Zealand and USA is larger than the time difference between China and USA. Might this reason cause the Cookies unavailable for the NNTP Bridge?

Please have a look at this finding. I will go back to New Zealand next month and will probably encounter this problem again.

Thank you so much.

Alexis Zhang

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/jie
    http://blogs.itecn.net/blogs/alexis

|I submitted a bug request. Thanks!
    |

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 6:46 AM

All replies