Not able to connect via Remote connection to WHS 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• Good day all,

I have tried several times to connect remotely to WHS 2011 with no success. I have followed the connector steps and added a profile since it would not allow remote connection via the administrator profile. I am currently relocating to the east coast and my server is on the west coast and I cannot connect to my server. All solutions will be appreciated and thanks in advance for all recommendations.

Monday, January 7, 2013 8:48 PM

All replies

• Need more information than that to have any chance of diagnosing your problem. But from what you have said, the connector not required for Remote Access but you do need to enable Remote Access using Settings in the Dashboard. Your router needs to forward ports 80 & 443 to your server IP (either manually or automatically by UPnP as part of Remote Access setup).

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Tuesday, January 8, 2013 2:07 AM
  • Thanks Phil! Well I do not know how to remotely access my router since I am on the east coast and my server is still on the west coast. More about my system:

WHS 2011, Verizon Fios which I do have my fios router information with me. Is there a way to connect into my router remotely?

Saturday, January 12, 2013 10:24 PM
  • Almost certainly not!

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Saturday, January 12, 2013 10:37 PM
  • Sunday, January 13, 2013 5:36 AM