Impressed with this new configuration RRS feed

• General discussion

• After an unfortunate issue where my previous system's bios decided to reset itself and made windows think that my evaluation period had expired, I decided to install WHS on a different system: Dell Dimension 4550 (P4 2.0Ghz + 1GB of RAM) instead of my older Custom made P4 1.5Ghz + 256MB of RAM and I don't know if it's the slightly faster processor or the added memory or the combination of both but I am now seeing that the balancing process is able to keep up with the transfer of the data back onto the new storage pool.

With my old system, I was constantly seeing the DATA partition being filled up and eventually the balancing process would kick in and start moving things to the other drives but with this new system this seems to be happening live.

I hope this continues working that way but if it does I have to say I am now liking WHS even more.

I forgot to mention that I am using the exact same HDDs and even the same IDE/SATA cards.

The available space reported by windows has never gone below 163GB out of 166GB of available storage on the DATA partition from the main drive.

Saturday, June 23, 2007 8:55 PM