Money Sunset - Keyboard Shortcut to Reconcile CTRL-SHFT-M doesn't work? RRS feed

• Question

• Has any one else found that the keyboard shortcut to reconcile a transaction, Ctrl - Shift - M, does not work?

(And no my keyboard is fine - this combo works just as it should in other programs.)

And if so, does any one know of a cure / update / bug fix? Or whether Microsoft is interested in fixing the problem?

Cheers

Thursday, August 18, 2011 8:54 PM

Answers

• Hey - great call. I looked at the link (although I have to admit I didn't quite know what to do with it). But your suggestion got me thinking as to what may have installed since Money. I grabbed a program called "Quotepad" (which is neat btw) which sits off the side of the desktop waiting to leap into action at the press of a keystroke, and therein was the offending hotkey combo. A quick check with other programs to determine combos they don't use and I was able to reassign them - and voila, I can reconcile transactions again. Many thanks for your suggestion. Sorted!  :) 
    Saturday, August 20, 2011 8:55 AM

All replies

• I would suspect that something is grabbing the sequence. Try rebooting, and running Money first. If the problem still occurs, consider  using msconfig for diagnostic purposes. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310560 is oriented toward XP, but there is similar info for Vista and Win7.
    Thursday, August 18, 2011 9:54 PM
  • Hey - great call. I looked at the link (although I have to admit I didn't quite know what to do with it). But your suggestion got me thinking as to what may have installed since Money. I grabbed a program called "Quotepad" (which is neat btw) which sits off the side of the desktop waiting to leap into action at the press of a keystroke, and therein was the offending hotkey combo. A quick check with other programs to determine combos they don't use and I was able to reassign them - and voila, I can reconcile transactions again. Many thanks for your suggestion. Sorted!  :) 
    Saturday, August 20, 2011 8:55 AM