Help Moving Microsoft Money 2000 (UK) onto new computer RRS feed

• Question

•  Help please with the "password" problem when reinstalling Money onto a new computer.  I have my much loved and used Money 2000 still working fine on a Toshiba laptop. Have tried to reinstall into a new PC with Windows 10 . I have tried two ways firstly

using the original Microsoft disc and secondly deleting that version on the new PC and using the final Sunset version.

In both cases I then tried to restore from a copy of the backup taken from the running system  Both times is asks for a password

and will not accept either the "specific" password for the 2000 nor my Microsoft "net" password.

Would appreciate any help ????

Tuesday, April 12, 2016 12:45 PM

All replies

• The easy cure is to install Money 2005 UK with the fiile linked to in the second (sticky) post in this forum.

I would put a fresh copy of your *.mny file from the laptop onto the new computer, and open that file. The attempt at using Money Sunset (which is not able to use a UK Money file) may have modified your *.mny file on the existing computer. I you get a *.mn8 file after install, that would be a copy of your Money 2000 file. A *.mn8, *.m10, *.m11 or *.m12 file would mean that you are using a version newer than 2000 on the laptop computer.

Tuesday, April 12, 2016 1:05 PM