Will the dream come true! RRS feed

• Question

•  

How many of us who dreamt to be a student partner of microsoft will be able to make it true from the studentrockstar contest!

those lucky few who will cross the mark of 10,000 will get an oppurchunity to be evaluated for the student partners.

so, who are their in the list!

Monday, May 21, 2007 5:59 PM

All replies

• Hope for the best.. Lets hope that MS evaluates atleast the top 100 even if they had not reached 10k points...
    Tuesday, May 22, 2007 1:31 AM
  • Its my dream to become a MSP. Anyway, gotta work hard and hope for the best...
    Tuesday, May 22, 2007 1:39 AM
  • As far as i have heard about the eligibility for being a student partner is they should be in the pre-final year of any IT / engineering college.

But as i will ener the final year of my MCA after this summer vacation, i think i will not get a chance to give the exam. Also, i think MS has put a condition that ONE student partner per college, i dont think they will include one more Sad

Not sure about it, may be some one else who has more information about the same can reply.
    Tuesday, May 22, 2007 4:21 PM
  • Am happy that i atleast pass the eligibilty criteria . Am entering into pre-final year after this summer vacations.. Also , there seems to be no MSP at present from our college..
    Tuesday, May 22, 2007 5:03 PM
  • Lucky you Raghuram. You have a good change to become a MSP. And may be MS will also employee you after your college completes if you are worth it.
    Tuesday, May 22, 2007 5:41 PM
  • hope for the best!!
    Tuesday, May 22, 2007 6:06 PM
  • Yeah, even i have entered my final year, and there is not MSP from my college...
    Wednesday, May 23, 2007 7:43 AM
  • guys let me provide you with some authentic information about the MSP's

1. Students entering the pre-final year are considere. those who are done with the pref-final year are not considered.

2. every country has different set of rules for selecting MSP's , like many countries like brazil have online forms  and no interviews...

3. only one student per college is considered for MSP selection and as a final candidate

4. Motivated undergraduate and post graduate students from across the world are invited to apply for the Microsoft Student Partner Program.

Any questions then shoot out guys...

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 3:26 PM
  • @Anoop, i have sent the application form for MSP, but have not recieved a reply. Any idea when the application process begins?
    Wednesday, May 23, 2007 4:26 PM
  • Even i had sent an application earlier even before the rockstar contest started. But they didn't even give reply to me Stick out tongue
    Wednesday, May 23, 2007 4:57 PM
  • @ Harshil - thanx for ur encouragement and wishes...
    Wednesday, May 23, 2007 5:27 PM
  • MARK IT AS AN ANSWER. BECAUSE I BET YOU WONT GET THIS INFO ANYWHERE.

(let me tell you first of all, Mostly undergraduates are preferred for being MSP, because, they have still a lot  of studies remaining, which includes their PG [masters] as well, so it gives them a lot of time to do things as MSP. LONGER TERM REMAINING IN YOUR ACADEMICS wider ARE YOUR CHANCES OF MAKING IT THROUGH.

secondly if you are a postgraduate student, going to PG soon, then you may not have sufficient amount of time and hence they may not consider you application, because being MSP can only be possible during your academic cycle, as long as you are studying, once you finish with your studies, MSP ends [There are always ways to continue your alliance with microsoft after the academic cycle, BUT NOT AS MSP]. However, PG MSP's are considered very often, based on their skills and interviews, but you should have atleast one full year in hand.

SKILLS ARE ALWAYS FIRST PRIORITY.
    MSP validity  =  validity of your ACADEMIC  cycle.

The latest intake for StudentPartners was scheduled in MAY...and MICROSOFT EMPLOYEES were expected to reply during the month of may.
    The possible outcomes of your forms can be
    1. May has still not ended, so you guys can still wait.
    2. They may have rejected you application. Sadly.
    3. Top Rankers of these forums have nothing loose, because they have a good chance to be called for MSP interviews.
    Thursday, May 24, 2007 12:53 PM
  • Nice detailed info Anoop.

I'd like to talk about the 3rd point you discussed Stick out tongue

I am going to enter the final year in my MCA Stick out tongue so even if i win this contest, there is no chance for me to become a msp Stick out tongue

Bad luck though.
    Thursday, May 24, 2007 6:40 PM
  • @Anoop, thanks for the info. I have 2 questions

1. What is the interview process?

2. What are the skills expected of an MSP and how to imrove ourselves for the programme.

Thursday, May 24, 2007 11:24 PM
  • @ Anoop - I haven't still sent the application form.. Will it be of any use if I send it now???
    Friday, May 25, 2007 1:41 AM
  • Theres no loss in trying. So send the application form asap, and keep your fingers crossed!
    Friday, May 25, 2007 1:55 AM
  • Microsoft came to our university to select 1 MSP for each college.

Here is the apttern

1. Group discussion
    2. Personal Interview

Both are elimination rounds. if you pass both, then you are though.
    Friday, May 25, 2007 4:28 AM
  • No harshil, its not that you dont have a chance..., you still have one complete year and skills and microsoft likeness to back yourself up, its how you portray yourself in the resume, so your selection entrirely depends on what the selectors think??

Adnan - which state are you from?.......well in gujarat, interview process is of two things
    they divide you in batches of GD and then selected candidates from GD, enter PI,selected candidates from PI -> MSP's

in certain cases, the interviews are conducted over phone by microsoft employees, where they ask you friendliness about microsoft products and ofcourse other personal details as well.
    Friday, May 25, 2007 12:30 PM
  • and not to forget, if your college has already one MSP, then they will not consider the application which you have sent
    Friday, May 25, 2007 12:37 PM
  • Yup, you gave a real logical view while answering and i agree with you ...
    Friday, May 25, 2007 12:43 PM
  • Reasons why MS wont take me as a MSP :

1. You should be in pre-final year for being eligible for MSP, i am in final year.
    2. There is already a junior in my college who was just selected as a MSP , MS wont select another.

Door for MSP is closed, i have a  bigger opportunity ahead and thats MS itself Stick out tongue
    Friday, May 25, 2007 1:55 PM