Unique Error on Importing a solution RRS feed

• Question

• The below is exact error description which i encountered when I tried to import a managed soloution into the crm on-premise system, plugin associated with the solution(which i imported) is been registered in sandbox mode

"A managed solution cannot overwrite the PluginType component with Id=2a3c82ed-0d0e-43ac-a7ad-19e1e400cc67 which has an unmanaged base instance.  The most likely scenario for this error is that an unmanaged solution has installed a new unmanaged PluginType component on the target system,  and now a managed solution from the same publisher is trying to install that same PluginType component as managed.  This will cause an invalid layering of solutions on the target system and is not allowed."

My doubt in here is

how exactly can I change the individual components status in a managed solution to MANAGED?

Can any one help me out on this issue

Vinod P

Thursday, August 22, 2013 5:38 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Firstly you can't change the individual components status in a managed solution to Managed from a MANAGED SOLUTION,

You can only accomplish that by changing the component status in the UNMANAGED SOLUTION and exporting it as a MANAGED SOLUTION.

Secondly, Take a Back Up of your Unmanaged Solution, make the required changes to the Plugin and export as a MANAGED SOLUTION, Delete the existing UNMANAGED SOLUTION and import the MANAGED SOLUTION.

OR 

Covert the existing Managed Solution to UNManaged Solution http://my-devils-workshop.blogspot.co.uk/2011/03/change-managed-solution-to-unmanaged-in.html and make the required changes.

Thanks and Regards

Darrel

Happy Coding

"Kindly Mark as Answer if it has answered your query or Vote as Helpful if it has helped in any way."

Monday, August 26, 2013 5:32 AM