none
create addin setup project with editable app.config RRS feed

• Question

• I created an Outlook AddIn, Installation is working well now in my Company.

But I want to send it to some customers, which have different database credentials. I tried to set Primary Output of the Setup Project to PackageAs=vsdpaLoose. Then I see my ProgramName.dll.config besides the msi and can Change it before executing msi. But the strange thing is, the changed file is correctly copied to C:/Programs/ProgramName/ProgramName.dll.config while Installation, but it seems not to be used! It always uses the Default value!

How can I achieve that the changed config file is used for database Connection?

• Moved by Stanly Fan Wednesday, February 28, 2018 2:04 AM
    Wednesday, February 21, 2018 12:40 PM

All replies

• When I install with .vsto file it tells me the reason: Hash of config file doesn't fit to manifest file.
    But isn't it the purpose of a config file to save a changeable Setting?!

Thursday, February 22, 2018 11:43 AM
  • Hi,

Are you sure a DLL has the config file?

The config file is a xml file, do you check you can read it successfully and How do you read it  please show your code.

>>Hash of config file doesn't fit to manifest file.

Why did you sign the configuration file? as far as i know, you don't have to do that.

Best Regards,

Bob

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 22, 2018 3:28 PM
  • Hi Quidnunc1987,

According to your description, your issue is more related about Outlook for development. it will be more appropriate to ask your question at Microsoft Office for Developers > Outlook for Developers Forum

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Frankie

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 27, 2018 7:57 AM
  • I'm talking about the default app.config, that is created automatically. I didn't read it explicitly, just used the [Application].Properties.Settings.

My solution was to deploy it with vsdpaLoose in the Setup Project and to read it explicitly like an external XmlDocument. With this solution I can store a crypted database Connection string in it, that can be changed by every customer.

I didnt sign it explicitly. Build Action is set to None. Is there a simple Setting that would enable what I want?

Friday, March 2, 2018 2:17 PM