Windows Activation Error 0xC004E003 and 0xC004F050 RRS feed

• Question

• My computer will not boot. 

I get a Windows Activation Error. 

I have had the computer more that 30 days so Windows Visa did activate initially.  The message is "product key is invalid".  It will not accept the produce key that was on the back of my Dell computer.  I am using another computer to post this question.    

How is this fixed?? 

Friday, October 5, 2007 5:39 PM

Answers

• Hello Iih,

It appears that to resolve your issue, you must Activate Windows using the "Activate by Phone" method. Please Click the Start button, and type in "slui.exe 4" in the search field and then press the "Enter" key. This will bring up the Activate by Phone dialog window. Follow the steps provided by the window. The phone activation process should only take about 6 minutes.

Thank you,
    Darin Smith
    WGA Forum Manager

Friday, October 5, 2007 7:52 PM

All replies

• Hello Iih,

It appears that to resolve your issue, you must Activate Windows using the "Activate by Phone" method. Please Click the Start button, and type in "slui.exe 4" in the search field and then press the "Enter" key. This will bring up the Activate by Phone dialog window. Follow the steps provided by the window. The phone activation process should only take about 6 minutes.

Thank you,
    Darin Smith
    WGA Forum Manager

Friday, October 5, 2007 7:52 PM
  • hi darin smith

i am a pc user that gives out the same code on my windows vista ultimate and i have already entered the serial number during the installation and it gives me a certain period of time, and when i enter the key again it says activation error 0xc004e003. when you say i should enter the slui.exe 4 it cannot find the file.

thank u

top p

Saturday, December 1, 2007 9:04 AM