none
70-448 Prerequisites? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I've been looking into getting this certification and I'm still fuzzy as to what HAS to be done.

Obviously there is a test that needs to be passed.
    I understand that it's not easy and depending on one's background, a varying amount of preparation is required.

I need to do this as cheap as possible.
    I work with SQL server every day and I get a lot of help/advice/instruction from our DWH team.

I notice that Microsoft has 3 separate courses, a couple of books, and some articles and videos that are all part of their "Learning Track".

My question is, without undertaking the debate of how prepared one can be without them, are any of these necessary/prerequisites to taking the 70-448 exam?

If I watch some of the videos and read some of the books that cover the topics I don't feel I'm strong in, can I take the exam? More importantly, if I pass will I be considered certified or are the classes part of the certification?

Thank you!

_Rob 

Sunday, January 29, 2012 12:21 AM

Answers

• These resources are not necessary or prerequisites.  They are there to assist with preparing for the exam.  Whether you choose to read/watch them is entirely up to you.
    Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Please mark answered if I've answered your question and vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker
    Sunday, January 29, 2012 3:05 AM

All replies

• These resources are not necessary or prerequisites.  They are there to assist with preparing for the exam.  Whether you choose to read/watch them is entirely up to you.
    Jeff Wharton

Please mark answered if I've answered your question and vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker
    Sunday, January 29, 2012 3:05 AM
  • Has your question been answered? If so, please mark the reply that answered your question so others with a similar question can find answers quicker.

Jeff Wharton

Friday, February 10, 2012 9:28 AM