System Standby When Playing DVD's RRS feed

• Question

• I'm currently experiencing a problem where my computer enters standby mode after 20 minutes.  I've changed the power schemes to reflect "Never" so that it shouldn't enter standby and shut off the screen saver, yet the problem still occurs. 

Since this is a problem when playing DVD's, I've turned off the "Enter Password" option when returning from standby, and I've also shut off hibrination.

Is there something I'm missing here?  Is there a patch to correct the problem?

As for what system I'm using, it's Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2.  The computer is a Dell Optiplex, Intel Pentium 4  2.4 GHz & 512 MB RAM.  I'm using an ATI Graphics card and sending the signal out of the computer to an LCD Projector and back to the monitor if that information is important.

Please advise, as these computers are being used at a college for teaching purposes and I hope to resolve the issue as soon as possible.

Thanks

• Moved by Sheng Jiang 蒋晟 Monday, August 24, 2015 8:28 PM not dev related, use answers.microsoft.com instead
    Friday, February 23, 2007 7:16 PM

Answers

All replies