Physical to Virtual move RRS feed

• Question

• I moved my Windows 7 that was pre-installed from a physical to a virtual computer, and now it says that the virtual computer of Windows 7 is not genuine.

I am currently running another O/S on the physical computer and have formatted over the preinstalled version of windows after copying it to the virtual computer.

How do I reactive my virtual windows 7 to be genuine?

Sunday, January 29, 2012 5:30 AM

Answers

• SLUI 4 worked, but I just entered in the Product ID and re-activated it.

I didn't see any phone number to call on the SLUI 4 page.

• Marked as answer by alksjdfklasjd Sunday, January 29, 2012 4:41 PM
    Sunday, January 29, 2012 4:41 PM

All replies

• "alksjdfklasjd" wrote in message news:803925b9-3029-499d-8cd4-0e41c4c9e833...

I moved my Windows 7 that was pre-installed from a physical to a virtual computer, and now it says that the virtual computer of Windows 7 is not genuine.

I am currently running another O/S on the physical computer and have formatted over the preinstalled version of windows after copying it to the virtual computer.

How do I reactive my virtual windows 7 to be genuine?

You need to change the Key to the one on your COA sticker, and activate by phone – you will have to speak to an operator.
    telephone activation.
    Click on the Start button
    in the Search box, type
    SLUI 4
    and hit the Enter key
    follow the instructions - but when asked which service you require by the telephone ansafone, do NOT reply - this should force an operator to respond, who can deal with you.

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Sunday, January 29, 2012 11:49 AM
  • SLUI 4 worked, but I just entered in the Product ID and re-activated it.

I didn't see any phone number to call on the SLUI 4 page.

• Marked as answer by alksjdfklasjd Sunday, January 29, 2012 4:41 PM
    Sunday, January 29, 2012 4:41 PM
  • I just entered in the Product ID and re-activated it.

What you entered was the product key, not the product ID.  The product ID is what is displayed on the System Properties page and is generated by Windows.  The product key is the 25-character string in five fields of five characters that is printed on the label and looks something like this

*****-*****-BWBWJ-P2T9J-BWWP2 (first two fields masked).

The product ID looks like

Windows Product ID: 00426-104-2030961-85269

If activation was successful you would not see a request to activate by phone.

Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.
    Sunday, January 29, 2012 5:03 PM
    Answerer