TX data packet and TX ack RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

Recently, I encountered a big problem. 

Transmit a ACK periodically, for example 1000ms, even there is no packet recv.  the time-consuming of function SORA_HW_FAST_TX is 49 or 50 or 51us, and the statistical results show that is very stable.

However, when there are data packets sending, after one data packet TX successful(SORA_HW_BEGIN_TX), I immediately call the function SORA_HW_FAST_TX(about within 1ms), then the time-consuming of function SORA_HW_FAST_TX is 100+ or 200+ or even 400+us, and statistical results show that is random(mean variance is larger than 100+us ).

I wonder what's the reason for this phenomenons, can you tell me? Why can not TX data packet and TX ack alternately on Sora?

Best Regards

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 7:12 AM

Answers

• The problem should be on back-to-back transmission, the SORA_HW_BEGIN_TX will return slightly before the packet is all transmitted out, this is a known issue. You can try to insert some delay between SORA_HW_BEGIN_TX and SORA_HW_FAST_TX. On the other hand, you can dump the signal using a receiver and see what really happens on signal level.

-Jiansong

Monday, October 22, 2012 3:07 AM

All replies

• Anyone can help me??    I will appreciate your help. 

Thanks

Monday, October 15, 2012 8:44 AM
  • The problem should be on back-to-back transmission, the SORA_HW_BEGIN_TX will return slightly before the packet is all transmitted out, this is a known issue. You can try to insert some delay between SORA_HW_BEGIN_TX and SORA_HW_FAST_TX. On the other hand, you can dump the signal using a receiver and see what really happens on signal level.

-Jiansong

Monday, October 22, 2012 3:07 AM

-Jiansong

Thank you very much
    Saturday, October 27, 2012 2:47 AM