Error while publishing website to server. RRS feed

• Question

• System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.Exception: Build failed. Check the Output window for more details.
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions)
       at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Web.Publish.PublishService.VsWebProjectPublish.<>c__DisplayClass43_0.<PublishAsync>b__2()
       at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.InnerInvoke()
       at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.ApplicationCapabilities.Publish.ViewModel.ProfileSelectorViewModel.<RunPublishTaskAsync>d__127.MoveNext()
    ---> (Inner Exception #0) System.Exception: Build failed. Check the Output window for more details.<---
    • Moved by May Luo-MSFT Wednesday, October 31, 2018 2:59 AM this is general issue
    • Moved by May Luo-MSFT Friday, November 2, 2018 9:01 AM off-topic issue
    Wednesday, October 31, 2018 12:03 AM

All replies

• Hi Nando09,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

What’s type of your project? Could you reproduce the issue in a new project? If you can, please share us the more detail steps.

Did you open the VS with administrator privilege?

Looking forwards your reply.

Best Regards

May

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, October 31, 2018 2:59 AM
  • Yes, I did try as an administrator and tried on new project as well. Actually, I want to publish asp.net core project to the server but unable to do so. I got error like a diagnostic log has been written to the following location solution every time i tried to publish. Any fix for it? 

Thank You

Wednesday, October 31, 2018 4:10 AM
  • Hi friend.

Thank you for your update.

Based on your description, it seems be related to how to publish to server with ASP .NET core project. since our forum mainly focus on VS IDE issue. i recommend you to redirect the ASP .NET forum and start a new thread with all specify steps and error message for a more professional supporting.

Best regards

May  

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, October 31, 2018 5:32 AM