none
Lost access to the partner forums, but still show as partner RRS feed

• Question

• Hey,

I lost access to the partner forums today, but I still show as a partner. I actually have a thread running over here: social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/partnerwinclientwin8/

but I can't get to it to respond to a question.

How do I sort this out to get my access back?

Thanks!!

Friday, January 11, 2013 9:24 PM

Answers

All replies

• Thanks!

I submitted this as a bug request. Could be due to the current updates going on.

UPDATE: You should now have temporary access.

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Friday, January 11, 2013 10:55 PM
    Owner
  • I still have the same problem - I don't have access to Partner forum.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Sunday, January 13, 2013 7:39 AM
  • UPDATE: You should now have temporary access.

Can you email me your Live ID and password? Send it to edprice at Microsoft.

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

How about we just wait until you fix the issue. Not sure I want to email my live ID and password to anyone, especially knowing that I also have my credit card info tied to it. BTW, when is this issue going to get fixed? We haven't heard much in the form of a timeline.

MG.-
    Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCITP, PMP
    IntellPartners, LLC.
    http://www.intellpartners.com/
    Blog http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com/

Monday, January 14, 2013 1:11 PM
  • I always hear the following:

NEVER give away your password to anyone, even if it's a developer or not. It will be on your own risk and you won't get any support.

Now I see a Microsoft Employee asking for that. ._.

Better follow Mariano's advice.

The following is my signature:

Powershell Programmer & Advanced Lua Programmer

Beside that, whenever you see a reply, you think is helpful, click "Vote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the main question of the thread, click "Mark As Answer" (if you opened the thread).

I published the URL's for the icons in my signature.

Please contact me, before reporting me, thank you.

[string](0..21|%{[char][int]([int]("{0:d}" -f 0x28)+('577076797174-87661607769657424-8687168065964').substring(($_*2),2))})-replace' '

Monday, January 14, 2013 1:16 PM
  • Exactly! Ed, do you think you should unpropose your advice? 

My blog

Monday, January 14, 2013 1:43 PM
  • Well for what it's worth I did get my access back to the partner forums. Not going to be sending my live ID and password anywhere though..

I hope they figure things out for you as well!

Monday, January 14, 2013 5:56 PM
  • I still don't get access to the Partner's forum (ASP.NET) where I asked a few questions. I don't use Partner's forums that much, but I am soon going to work on complex C# tasks, so I may start asking lots of questions - wondering what is C# Partner forum (in case I would like to use it).

My blog

Monday, January 14, 2013 7:05 PM
  • FWIW, that's what the forum support team asked for. I'm not sure why they need it either, but if you email me you could ask them.

The topic of whether or not you need to send me your ID info is not this question (this question is about getting access to the Partner forum, which we did), and any advice one way or the other (about sharing profile info) is not an answer. It's just advice. =^) 

This request isn't as unusual as it seems. There are actually several different platforms involved, and they don't communicate with each other. So the settings, IDs, passwords, etc. of one platform are not necessarily connected to another. I have to do this with the support team a lot... get more information about an account from the account holder for the support team to grant access to another platform. 

I'm not sure why they were able to grant temporary access with just Ian's profile but require more account info to permanently solve the problem. 

Daniel, be advised that inappropriate language is a violation of the forums terms of use. Please avoid using it.

Monday, January 14, 2013 7:21 PM
    Owner
  • UPDATE: You should now have temporary access.

Can you email me your Live ID and password? Send it to edprice at Microsoft.

Thanks!

How about we just wait until you fix the issue. Not sure I want to email my live ID and password to anyone, especially knowing that I also have my credit card info tied to it. BTW, when is this issue going to get fixed? We haven't heard much in the form of a timeline.

MG.-
    Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCITP, PMP
    IntellPartners, LLC.
    http://www.intellpartners.com/
    Blog http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com/

Ian now has access. What partner site did you experience problems with? The same one?

We won't have timeline information here, since this isn't a support resource. The goal is to make issues known to the forums product team.

Thanks!

Monday, January 14, 2013 7:30 PM
    Owner
  • I don't have access to ASP.NET Partner forum. I haven't checked other Partner's forums.

BTW, somehow I do not see my Moderators buttons anymore. Is it because I undeleted Daniel's response (which was a valid concern) but removed the offensive word? I don't think it was a violation of any of the Moderator's rules of conduct (I haven't removed proposed mark from your original deleted response).

The reason I undeleted that response was that this post had already 3 helpful votes and it was a good discussion, IMHO, which should not have been censored.

My blog

Monday, January 14, 2013 7:37 PM
  • I always hear the following:

NEVER give away your password to anyone, even if it's a developer or not. It will be on your own risk and you won't get any support.

Now I see a Microsoft Employee asking for that. ._.

Better follow Mariano's advice.

and the first complain about this stupid invitation had been deleted.

Monday, January 14, 2013 8:23 PM
  • I have not been able to get into the following forums since Friday of last week:

Dynamics GP Partner: http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/partnerdynamicsgp/threads

SQL Server Partner: http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/partnersqlserver/threads

SQL Server MVP: http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/mvpsqlserver/threads

I suspect I would have an issue with all the partner and MVP forums, I just have not tried them all. From talking to several other partners, it seems that everyone is having the same issues. Any idea when this will be fixed?

-Victoria
    Microsoft Dynamics GP MVP 2005 - 2012
    http://victoriayudin.com
    Flexible Solutions, Inc.

Monday, January 14, 2013 9:42 PM
  • I too have lost access to Partner Forums (all Forums)- Msg is "You are not authorized to perform this action". Seems like some have regained access, while others have. What has to been to regain access. I have several questions pending and need to post a new one.

Thanks - Barry

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 2:05 AM
  • We have just deployed a fix for this. Would you please confirm? Thank you.
    Tuesday, January 15, 2013 6:05 AM
  • Daniel,

What exactly do you mean by that?

That's just what I hear everywhere. I've just given MY advice, so what I would have been doing in that situation. Is there something wrong with my advice?

Beside that, whenever you see a reply, you think is helpful, click "Vote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the main question of the thread, click "Mark As Answer" (if you opened the thread).

[string](0..21|%{[char][int]([int]("{0:d}" -f 0x28)+('577076797174-87661607769657424-8687168065964').substring(($_*2),2))})-replace' '

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 7:51 AM
  • Looks like the forums are working again.

Thanks,

-Victoria
    Microsoft Dynamics GP MVP 2005 - 2012
    http://victoriayudin.com
    Flexible Solutions, Inc.

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 7:56 AM
  • Good to hear. Thank you for confirming.
    Tuesday, January 15, 2013 7:57 AM
  • I don't know who to thank - but I can now access forums again. Now - back to work helping customers.

Barry Lebow

Choice Computer Services

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 2:27 PM
  • Daniel,

What exactly do you mean by that?

That's just what I hear everywhere. I've just given MY advice, so what I would have been doing in that situation. Is there something wrong with my advice?

Livio

I posted a similar comment about invitation to send id & pw and that post had been deleted and I referred to that removal.

Please use Mark as Answer if my post solved your problem and use Vote As Helpful if a post was useful.

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 3:42 PM
  • Oh, ok now I understand.

Friday, January 18, 2013 7:26 AM