does windows 7 not being genuine have anything to do with the laptop battery not charging? RRS feed

• Question

• I have had a friend ask me about his pc not charging. I noticed that his version of windows was not valid and told him to obtain a valid copy. however i was wondering if microsoft has come up with a way to keep a laptop from charging if there version of windows 7 was not valid.
    Wednesday, January 12, 2011 7:08 PM

Answers

• Nope!  However, a non-genuine copy of Windows 7 may be corrupt and have malware embedded in it.  It would be best to purchase a genuine "Full Version" edition of Windows 7 and then perform a "clean install".  Then visit Windows Update and check for addtional hardware driver updates.  Genuine Windows 7 editions are available from the Microsoft Store.
    Carey Frisch
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Thursday, January 13, 2011 3:02 AM
    Wednesday, January 12, 2011 8:23 PM

All replies

• Nope!  However, a non-genuine copy of Windows 7 may be corrupt and have malware embedded in it.  It would be best to purchase a genuine "Full Version" edition of Windows 7 and then perform a "clean install".  Then visit Windows Update and check for addtional hardware driver updates.  Genuine Windows 7 editions are available from the Microsoft Store.
    Carey Frisch
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Thursday, January 13, 2011 3:02 AM
    Wednesday, January 12, 2011 8:23 PM
  • As Carey has stated, Windows 7 does not reduce software (or hardware) functionality based on Genuine (or Non-Genuine) status.

Darin MS
    Thursday, January 13, 2011 3:02 AM