MCP Certificate? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have recently enrolled on a college course which will prepare me for the 70-290 exam.  I am taking this exam as a stepping stone on my way to the full MCSA 2003.  Can someone please tell me if after passing the 70-290 exam (fingers crossed!!), will I have a hard copy certificate in which to show a potential new employer, or do I have to wait until I achieve the full MCSA 2003 certification in order to finally receive a certificate?

I guess I am basically asking if each MCP exam provides you with a certificate or just the overall MCSA?

Thank you
    Thursday, September 10, 2009 11:27 AM

Answers

• Hi there,

After passing 70-290 you will be entitled to receive MCP certificate (as per new benefits, you will be able to download it via MCP members site or order it via Pay to to Print).

The next certificate you will receive is MCSA 2003 once you achieve it. You will not get any new certs for your 2nd and 3rd exam (70-291 and e.g. 70-270/70-620)

And of course, you can show a potentiall employer your MCP certs and inform that you are heading towards MCSA 2003 :)

Cheers,
    Ben
    **finis coronat opus**
    • Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Sunday, January 10, 2010 3:28 PM
    Thursday, September 10, 2009 12:30 PM
  • Hi

I have recently enrolled on a college course which will prepare me for the 70-290 exam.  I am taking this exam as a stepping stone on my way to the full MCSA 2003.  Can someone please tell me if after passing the 70-290 exam (fingers crossed!!), will I have a hard copy certificate in which to show a potential new employer, or do I have to wait until I achieve the full MCSA 2003 certification in order to finally receive a certificate?

I guess I am basically asking if each MCP exam provides you with a certificate or just the overall MCSA?

Thank you

If this is your first MCP exam, and you pass, then you can order a general MCP cert.  If it is not your first MCP passed exam, then no you will have to wait until you gain a new credential.

On the MCP track (on the support side), the certs you gain are for credentials and not individual exams, eg MCP, MCDST, MCSA, MCSE, etc...

On the new MCTS track, each exam is basically a new credential: MCTS: Vista, MCTS: Windows 7, etc...

Now I say you can now order as while a hardcopy of the certificate is free, postage isn't, as I recall it is $9.99 or $9.95 for P&P.  However you will be able to download a printable version for free.

Hope this helps :)
    -Ken | http://ken.wagnerfamily.co.uk
    Thursday, September 10, 2009 12:33 PM

All replies

• Hi there,

After passing 70-290 you will be entitled to receive MCP certificate (as per new benefits, you will be able to download it via MCP members site or order it via Pay to to Print).

The next certificate you will receive is MCSA 2003 once you achieve it. You will not get any new certs for your 2nd and 3rd exam (70-291 and e.g. 70-270/70-620)

And of course, you can show a potentiall employer your MCP certs and inform that you are heading towards MCSA 2003 :)

Cheers,
    Ben
    **finis coronat opus**
    Thursday, September 10, 2009 12:30 PM
  • Hi

Thank you

If this is your first MCP exam, and you pass, then you can order a general MCP cert.  If it is not your first MCP passed exam, then no you will have to wait until you gain a new credential.

On the MCP track (on the support side), the certs you gain are for credentials and not individual exams, eg MCP, MCDST, MCSA, MCSE, etc...

On the new MCTS track, each exam is basically a new credential: MCTS: Vista, MCTS: Windows 7, etc...

Now I say you can now order as while a hardcopy of the certificate is free, postage isn't, as I recall it is $9.99 or $9.95 for P&P.  However you will be able to download a printable version for free.

Hope this helps :)
    Thursday, September 10, 2009 12:33 PM
  • Thanks guys :)

I live in the UK, but im sure Microsoft UK will also be able to post this MCP Certificate to me when if and when I pass the exam early next year.

Thank you again for your comments and the information that you have provided to me.

Take care
    Thursday, September 10, 2009 12:43 PM
  • No problem :)

Just one more thing, Certificates are posted from USA (in case you order it via Pay to Print as Ken wrote in previous step:)). The delivery may take up to 3 weeks. But in the meantime you can download your certificate and simply print it with some local printing vendor :)

Cheers,
    Ben
    **finis coronat opus**
    Thursday, September 10, 2009 12:46 PM
  • No problem :)

Just one more thing, Certificates are posted from USA (in case you order it via Pay to Print as Ken wrote in previous step:)). The delivery may take up to 3 weeks. But in the meantime you can download your certificate and simply print it with some local printing vendor :)

Cheers,
    Ben
    **finis coronat opus**

Thanks Ben

I can print it at work ;)
    Thursday, September 10, 2009 1:34 PM
  • Thanks Ben

I can print it at work ;)

You may reconsider after you see it printed, I ended up ordered my cert :)

But it's still handy to have it then and there.
    Thursday, September 10, 2009 5:33 PM
  • lol ok :S
    Friday, September 11, 2009 7:32 AM