built in webcam for hp mini notebook RRS feed

• Question

• hp mini 110-1115ca
    im using windows 7 starter (32) bit
    i want to use my built in webcam to record things like birthdays and christmas events and cant figure out how to work my camera.... it works in msn perfict with a click of a button but where is the program located to opperate the camera outside of msn? and what is it labled as?
    Sunday, January 31, 2010 7:18 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Windows 7 came with this HP Mini notebook?
    Is the camera is recognized in Device Manager?
    If all the above is Yes. Then try the below steps.

Select "Start -> Program," then click "Media." Click the icon that reads Cheese. Cheese is the default video and photo software included with all HP mini webcams on an HP Netbook. The software will automatically activate the built-in mini webcam at the top of the HP Netbook's screen.

Step 2

Click the Photo button in the Cheese software screen to take a picture with the mini webcam. Alternatively, click "Video" to start recording a video. The picture or video you are recording will appear on the screen to allow you to see what it looks like as you are taking it.

If you still have any issue Please contact HP Tech Support.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/contacthp?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us

Sachin Shetty| MCP|MCTS|MCITP| Please remember to mark the replies as answers and Vote as helpful if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.Thank you in advance.
    Saturday, February 13, 2010 1:13 PM