"This PC" name in Windows Live One Care - How to change it? RRS feed

• Question

• Installed Windows Live One Care, PC is named something else, but One Care named the PC "This PC" - Needed to change it. Tried everything, renaming PC, deleting One Care 3 times, reinstalling, used cleaning tool as admin all 3 times, no joy :-( Called Microsoft Tech Support (went to India), they played with my PC remotely for 1+ hours, but could not change the name. Now, it's escalated...means no one know how to? So, anyone out there smarter than Microsoft could help me? 
    Tuesday, May 26, 2009 9:59 AM

Answers

• Since your support incident was escalated you should receive a response and a solution ( if there is a solution ) within a few days.
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh
    Tuesday, May 26, 2009 4:03 PM

All replies

• Since your support incident was escalated you should receive a response and a solution ( if there is a solution ) within a few days.
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh
    Tuesday, May 26, 2009 4:03 PM
  • When you say the PC is named something else, was it named that before you installed OneCare? Is that the name or description? OneCare takes the PC name from the PC properties.
    I'll be interested in reading what support was able to do for you. My recommendation would be to uninstall OneCare and reinstall after you confirm that the PC name is properly set in the properties for Computer.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Sunday, May 31, 2009 1:58 AM