Cannot use Claims Based Authentication RRS feed

• Question

• hello.

I need to install Project Server in a site collection with Claims Based Authentication, but cannot be done.

Environment: Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise, SqlServer 2008 R2 Enterprise, Sharepoint 2010 with SP1 and June 2011 Updates, Project Server 2010 with SP1 and June 2011 Updates, Office Web Apps 2010 with SP1 and June 2011 Updates.

I followed this to create an FBA site, edit web.config files and add user accounts. But something is wrong.

1st, I get this in my event logs:

Cannot get Membership Provider with name SQL-MembershipProvider. The membership provider for this process was not properly configured. You must configure the membership provider in the .config file for every SharePoint process.

I'm sure that web.config files from CA, this site and SecurityToken folder are edited. SQL-MembershipProvider can be found in all three config files.

2nd, when I want to login by a user, I get "The server could not sign you in. Make sure your user name and password are correct, and then try again." in web page as well as "An exception occurred when trying to issue security token: The security token username and password could not be validated.." in event logs.

3rd, when I click .net Users or .net Roles on this site in IIS, there is a message box "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." No further information.

It seems that I have no way to post config and screenshot files as attachment here. 

Please help me to fix it. Thanks a lot.

Eternal Snow

Monday, July 18, 2011 6:06 AM

Answers

• HI,

ok, i never came across this issue but i will try my best to help you to resolve this. Have you gone through this blog post by Sriram? he has explained in detail the claim + SQL authentication.

the quick search led me to this blog as well, see if this can help identify your issue.

let us know if this helps, and  keep us posted with progress.

| Khurram Jamshed | Follow my blog about Enterprise Project Management Solution | http://khurramjamshed.blogspot.com |
    Monday, July 18, 2011 7:27 AM