locked
CRM 4: owningbusinessunit not updated when changing a user's BU via CrmService RRS feed

  • Question

  • Eternally annoyed at the fact that changing a user's BU through the interface removes all of their roles and you have to reassign them (actually, I am eternally annoyed at quite a few things regarding roles and BUs, especially as Eleven once again is next to no improvement in that respect), I built a small tool to move a user to another BU while keeping track of their roles and reassign all those that also exist in the new BU. I noticed, however, that while changing the BU through the CRM interface correctly updates the owningbusinessunit fields of the records this user owns, doing so via SetBusinessSystemUserRequest leaves them at the old, now wrong value. (What is the use of those being hardwired in the -Base tables, anyway ?!)

    This happens with both UR14 and 16.

    This is a bug, isn't it ? Or am I missing something ? Can anyone think of a way to work around this ? Is there a way to manually trigger an update on those fields (SQL obviously isn't an option because you'd have to do that for _all_ user-owned entities) ? I suppose the AsyncService doesn't bother with this, does it ?

    Sunday, March 27, 2011 10:11 PM

Answers

  • In case anyone is curious about this - it appears to be a bug in CRM 4 indeed, as it works fine in Eleven. So for CRM 4, I had to make the tool semi-automatic in the sense that the user still has to do the actual moving manually through the CRM interface. This is not perfect, but I can live with it.
    • Marked as answer by TeaDrivenDev Thursday, April 28, 2011 12:43 AM
    Thursday, April 28, 2011 12:43 AM

All replies

  • In case anyone is curious about this - it appears to be a bug in CRM 4 indeed, as it works fine in Eleven. So for CRM 4, I had to make the tool semi-automatic in the sense that the user still has to do the actual moving manually through the CRM interface. This is not perfect, but I can live with it.
    • Marked as answer by TeaDrivenDev Thursday, April 28, 2011 12:43 AM
    Thursday, April 28, 2011 12:43 AM
  • Hi GCATNM


    I am facing the same issue.

    Such records show up in the Active View of old BU and not the new BU.


    Thank you Dinesh
    Saturday, April 30, 2011 5:20 AM