none
After MCTS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Recently i have passed 70-513 Exam(MCTS in WCF). Then my certification path suggest me MCPD title .But according to the Microsoft MCPD has now retired. If i do MCPD is it not valid anymore ? Or should i choose another path like MCSD ?

Friday, April 4, 2014 9:04 AM

Answers

• Hi, PrabodhaE.

The page listing the retired certification titles is misleading because it does not include the .NET version number. MCPDs were made available for .NET 2.0, 3.5, and 4.0 and their corresponding Visual Studio versions.

Most of the MCPD certifications for Visual Studio 2010 and .NET 4 are not retired, nor are their related MCTS exams. Instead, the MCPD certification exams and certifications will be offered until July, 2015. Even after the exams are no longer available and the MCPD certification titles are unattainable/retired, it will remain on your transcript for several years before it is eventually marked as Legacy.

Whether or not to pursue a MCPD title or a MCSD title is up to you. One advantage of going for the MCPD instead of the MCSD is that it doesn't require recertification. The MCSD certifications require you to take a recertification exam every two (2) years. However, the MCSDs reflect the latest technology from Microsoft.

Fact Links:

Good luck!

Best wishes, Davin Mickelson

Friday, April 4, 2014 1:22 PM
    Answerer