a question about author ambiguity regarding my name RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Microsoft Academic team, 

My name is Rui Mei, I found a lot of profiles with my name "Rui Mei" on Microsoft academic search.

One of them shows my graduate school correct: University of Connecticut,  but the profile information (regarding interests and publications) are completely another person's. I tried to log in with my hotmail account to locate my profile but it does not tell me which profile is mine after the log-in. Instead, I found no one looks mine and it also seems anyone can modify another person's profile by sending a request to your team for validation. In case your team made a mistake it will totally mess up people's profile.

Btw: I just send a request to delete "University of Connecticut" from one of Rui Mei's profile for a quick correction because the whole profile (except the graduate school) is definitely not mine.

Is there a way that you can associate the profile with people's hotmail account so there is no author ambiguity issue ? And each one can update/modify his own profile freely.

Look forward to hear from you to solve this problem.

Thanks,

-Rui

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 10:07 PM

Answers

• Hello Rui,

Thank you for your interest in Microsoft Academic Search! If there does not appear to be a single author profile that is yours, we can create on for you so that you can add your publications or edit existing publications so they are attributed to your profile. To do so, please send the following information to acadfb@microsoft.com:

First name (required)

Middle name

Last name  (required)

Native name  (e.g. Your name in your native language)

Home page  URL  (e.g. http://www.university.edu/~yourname)

Photo URL  (e.g. http://www.youruniversity.edu/~yourname/yourname.jpg)

Organization  (e.g. Massachusetts Institutes of Technology. Only one, your current organization, is supported.)

Please note that we will process any requests you've already submitted, and it may take time for changes to appear on the live site. Additionally, we are looking at incorporating profile ownership as you mentioned. We appreciate your feedback!

Best regards,

Thomas, Academic Search Editor

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 6:45 PM