Sync 2 DataTables... RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

Before I come to my problem I'll tell you some background about the situation.

I've got a MySQL database (read + write permission) and a sybase database (read permission) and I've to upload data from sybase to mysql and later download data from mysql to sybase.

I write with purpose not sync cause the schema of both tables are different and I've no write permission on the sybase database. To get any data in the sybase database I've to write a import file and tranfer it to a service which is doing the rest.

For now I wanted to get two datatables with the same schema and fill it with the data from the 2 databases.

Now I want to know what is changed (modified, deleted, new, ...).

1. Is Microsoft sync services for ADO.NET usefull for this situation?
    2. If yes, how to write the providers? Are there any documentation about this subject?
    3. Are there other methods in the framework to get this done?

I hope you can help me with my problem.

Best regards
    • Moved by Max Wang_1983 Friday, April 22, 2011 9:00 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Wednesday, August 15, 2007 2:16 PM

All replies

• Is there nobody who can help me?

I've still no solution for this.
    Wednesday, January 16, 2008 9:34 AM
  • Timur,

From all the information I have read, I am not sure sure if Sync Services is the best approach for you. Considering out of the box there is no support for any other client database besides SqlCE.

Now a possible suggestion would be that you could use Sync Services, to sync from your MySql to SQLCE, and Sybase to SQLCE the two tables that you need.  Making the SQLCE database the merged collection of all records.

The merge game is always a complicated situation, as how do you handle collisions?

I am not sure how much information you need on Modified,deleted,new. You can look at SyncStatistics there some information provided there.

J

Friday, January 18, 2008 1:06 PM