import backups into WHS??? RRS feed

• Question

• hi a while ago i had issues and never got resolved i have a copy of 800 gig of my several computers of there backups  i like to import it into my server i have the hard drive in my computer in my server  but is there a way to import the address without needing the whs.reg file i wanna be able to import the files or that location so that it can reconstruct and that i can re get the files off of those backups onto my new server install is there a way to do that   there must be something like that
    Monday, September 6, 2010 7:56 PM

All replies

• There's no method of importing an old backup database, partially or in toto, into your server. If you have a complete backup of the old backup database, the Home Computer Backup and Restore technical brief tells you how to replace your current backup database with the old one. Please note that this is an unsupported operation; the information Microsoft has provided is to be used "at your own risk". 
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Tuesday, September 7, 2010 1:06 AM
  • i try to open that link and internet explorer crashes everytime and talks about virus's lol 

ya the backups were good backups all i wanna be able to do is be able to import it so the WHS console can see it then i can re use them  cuz without the whs.reg  its useless and tryign to copy it to the folder pos's issues too  ugh

Tuesday, September 7, 2010 1:12 AM
  • hey ken  it said you replied but when i check here there was no reply after my last post ugh doesnt this bite ):
    Thursday, September 9, 2010 10:58 AM
  • with fiddling i was able to download the document  i gonna try it now ill let u know how i make out
    Thursday, September 9, 2010 11:32 AM