removing bad url from msn search RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have a client whose site was moved from our server to a live server a while back ago. the clients url from when listed on our internal server is still showing in the SERP's even though it returns a 400 error page. I have requested through google and yahoo to have it removed, but I do not show a way to have it removed from MSN. Our company has since changed hosting companies and servers, so I cant do a robots file to keep it from crawling, so how do I request that the domain be removed? I thought once it showed that it was invalid and not pulling anything else, it would remove itself, but that isnt the case. any assistance?
    Friday, January 18, 2008 5:12 PM

Answers

• Do you mind sharing the URL?  When did it get switched to 400? I can submit this to the team, I just need more details.

Jeremiah

Monday, January 21, 2008 9:54 PM

All replies

• Do you mind sharing the URL?  When did it get switched to 400? I can submit this to the team, I just need more details.

Jeremiah

Monday, January 21, 2008 9:54 PM
  • I too am having a very similar problem. We have an old URL showing in the SERP and we no longer own the domain so we are unable to use a 301 redirect. Is it possible to submit the invalid URL for removal from the index? You can contact me directly at lindz_dj AT yahoo DOT com.
    Tuesday, February 26, 2008 6:39 PM
  • I have a problem.  I'm an author and I've recently found some of my work republished on another site.  They've agreed to take it down, but I need to have the links to *my* work on their site removed from both the search results and your cache.  Can someone tell me how I can go about that or do I need to have my lawyer send a nasty-gram?  I'd really rather fill out a web form than to pay my lawyer to send out another letter. 

TIA,

RecentCoin
    Tuesday, March 4, 2008 5:03 AM
  • I don't honestly think you can force any search engine to remove links to a 'competitor' (or cache of any page) even if you claim to be the original author. There is duplicated content all over the internet, it's up to the search engines to decide what to include and what to remove. I had similar issues with my own content too in the past, you can only try to solve such matters directly with the person copying your content.

Just my opinion Stick out tongue
    Tuesday, March 4, 2008 8:38 AM