Many to many relationship with activities RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I know that CRM does not support many-to many relationships to activities and the work around is to have an intermediary table.

The problem I have now is really a use interface issue. Each time user wants to add a new related record, they have to be redirected to a separate page, add the record and save (and keep doing this till they add all the records). What they need is something like out of the box many to many relationship that a form pops up and user can select multiple values at one shot and save.

Does anyone have any idea how we can simulate this? Or any other solution that would make end users life easier?

Cheers.

captainsina

Wednesday, September 9, 2015 12:50 PM

All replies

• Hi Captainsina,

In this senario you can use the Connection entity.
    Just create connection record which will connect to the respective Activity.

Wednesday, September 9, 2015 2:37 PM
  • What I have done in the past is add a custom ribbon button (CRM 2011/2013/2015). This custom ribbon button accepts multiple records being selected and when pressed displays a custom web page that allows these records to be associated with a single record using something like oData create your intermediary record.

I would personally avoid using Connections for this type of work as I try to keep Connections for association of organizations/Contacts etc.

• Proposed as answer by Regan Markwick Thursday, October 15, 2015 4:41 AM
    Thursday, September 10, 2015 4:02 AM