Need Your Pieces of Advice RRS feed

• Question

• Hy Friends

This is my first post and i hope this forum will help me to guide me right to earn some microsoft certifications. I want to do Microsoft certification but i'm bit confused that which way to go.

I want to do Database certification +  business intelligence.. can anybody got any idea about the best possible path in the term of career development

One more question.. that what if i want to do any certification of sql server 2005. Is it valid ? i mean with the relase of 2008 can someone still do the certification of previous version ?

Thanxs in adance and waiting...

Friday, June 18, 2010 2:33 AM

Answers

• Dear Rule Over !

you have 2 questions so get the answers as below.

01. Database certification in business intelligence will give you a better edge and exposure and I hope you will get alot more knowledge in studying it.

02. Yes we can get certifications on SQL 2005 and its valid yet and I hope it will valid for 3 more years as well but  I will suggest you that when ever you want to get a certification so try the latest one not older.

I hope it will help you .

Regards.

Shafaquat Ali.

M.C.I.T.P Exchange 2007 M.C.I.T.P Windows Server 2008 M.C.T.S OCS Server 2007 R2
    • Proposed as answer by Shafaquat Ali Saturday, June 19, 2010 5:07 AM
    • Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Thursday, July 8, 2010 11:55 AM
    Friday, June 18, 2010 5:12 AM

All replies

• Dear Rule Over !

you have 2 questions so get the answers as below.

01. Database certification in business intelligence will give you a better edge and exposure and I hope you will get alot more knowledge in studying it.

02. Yes we can get certifications on SQL 2005 and its valid yet and I hope it will valid for 3 more years as well but  I will suggest you that when ever you want to get a certification so try the latest one not older.

I hope it will help you .

Regards.

Shafaquat Ali.

M.C.I.T.P Exchange 2007 M.C.I.T.P Windows Server 2008 M.C.T.S OCS Server 2007 R2
    • Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Thursday, July 8, 2010 11:55 AM
    Friday, June 18, 2010 5:12 AM
  • Thanks shafqat.. I have some more questions to ask

What is the good resource to start with ?

i want to study SQL 2008 and Business intelligence

Do you think that CBT nuggents would help me ?

or can u please recommend me any source ?

Thanxs and waiting

Friday, June 18, 2010 5:57 AM
  • Dear Rule Over ,

Yes CBT Nuggets is better and me also studied from CBT Nuggets as well. And also use some Books from Microsoft Press as well because in CBT you will get the method of Installation and configuration but from book you will get alot more than it.

I M also providing you the link of books from Microsoft below which will really help you much more.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/book.aspx?ID=13112&locale=en-us

Regards.

Shafaquat Ali.

Friday, June 18, 2010 2:23 PM