Possibility of having Two forms of same entity, when in association with different entities RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

I need a clarification in a case which i have encountered in a current project, the case is described below in a generalized way,

There are two entities say for eg., Entity-A & Entity-B and the client requirement is to associate Purchase Invoice entity to the above mentioned two entities with different formats of forms, i.e.,  Entity-A's purchase invoice is different from Entity-B's. Point to be mentioned here is there is some X security role for a user and the user opens invoice associated with entity-A it should show different form and if he opens invoice associated to entity-B it should show its respective different form.

pointed in picture above shows you the two different entities

this is purchase invoice format for supplier entity highlighted a few in above pic for better understanding

the pic above shows the format for restricted supplier's purchase invoice

can any one help me out  regarding, whether there's a possibility to create two different forms for same entity and display it according to respective associated entities and based on a particular security role assigned to the user who has access to both entities mentioned above.

Vinod P

Thursday, August 29, 2013 12:14 PM

All replies

• Vinod,

Multiple forms on an entity in CRM is for different roles. You are trying to switch forms for the same role based on entity associations; which is not quite the OOB feature. 

Yes, you can switch forms using JavaScript (navigate method) based on the associated entity. However, the better alternative is to hide the unwanted elements on the form. IF you are looking at reducing the amount of hide/show script then consider having them in tabs and then toggle the visibility.

Hope this helps!

if my response answers your query, please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as helpful'

Mamta

Thursday, August 29, 2013 1:39 PM