none
Get rid of dependency on debug redistributables (Visual Studio 2015) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I have a large VS 2015 C++ solution that I am working on. It contains many projects. Currently we have a our own build configuration that we created and copied the settings from Debug. I originally had an issue where the app would crash when trying to load the .dll from one of my new projects that I added. After using Process Monitor it turns out that the .dll has a dependency on VCRUNTIME140D.dll and would crash because it could not find it in a regular environment. After installing Visual Studio 2015 as a test, the app worked fine throughout which tells me that particular .dll is looking for the debug version of the VS 2015 redistributables. So I am trying to figure out what project settings I should be looking at to make the .dll stop using debug version of the redistributables at runtime. I am guessing this is possible because all of the other projects (which pre-date me) currently build and execute in this fashion without the need for the debug redistributables.

Note: I must keep building the project as Debug because all of the other dependent projects are Debug and they will fail to compile if I change the one project to release. 

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

AT

Tuesday, February 20, 2018 5:20 PM

Answers

All replies