add-in installation issues - won't show up in WHS console RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm a bit lost here.

I have installed 2 WHS add-ins, diskeeper 2010 homeserver and Gridsoft.
    I put the msi file in the software/addin folder and installed the program via the WHS settings tab / add-ins.

The install seems to run fine. Problem is the programs are not showing up on the top console bar as the other programs are. I have noticed this has happened with 2 other add-ins, but I can't remember what they are.

I know they installed cause diskeeper shows up in the start programs as installed.

I did NOT install a non whs version. just to make that clear, these are actuall add-ins.

So if anyone has an idea that would be great.

Cheers
    • Moved by Ken WarrenModerator Monday, March 8, 2010 10:45 PM not hardware/installation issue (From:Windows Home Server Hardware and Installation)
    Monday, March 8, 2010 10:36 PM

All replies

• There's a little arrow next to the tabs if there are more than can be displayed without scrolling...
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Monday, March 8, 2010 10:45 PM
  • I have tried that both directions many times. They just are simply not showing up in the scroll bar.
    Tuesday, March 9, 2010 1:10 AM
  • Have you tried uninstalling all your Add-Ins and reinstalling them one by one, checking that they appear in the Windows Home Server Console Tool Bar? I think one of the Add-Ins is causing a problem for the Console.
    --
    Tuesday, March 9, 2010 10:17 AM
  • Always good to check the console log file:
    1. Log into your Home Server via Remote Desktop (Start Menu -> Run --> mstsc)
    2. In the explorer go to the folder 'c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\microsoft\windows home server\logs\'
    3. Open one of the latest files 'HomeServerConsole.xxxx.log' (xxxx = date/time)
    4. Check if there are errors/warning or post the content here.

Cheers,
    Nick

Nick Asseloos MVP Windows Home Server
    Wednesday, March 9, 2011 10:07 PM