Email Read Receipts from CRM Email RRS feed

• Question

• I have a plugin which fires on Pre-Validation which changes the readreceiptrequested field on the email entity to true, this should in theory act in the same way an email sent from Outlook would do and request a read receipt.... but it doesn't. Anyone have any ideas how to achieve this?

Thanks

Pete

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 1:50 PM

All replies

• You could set ReadReceiptRequested attribute of the email entity to True to achieve this functionality. This attribute does not have a corresponding field on the Email form so you could add a boolean field and then using a plugin[sync/async] update this attribute to true or false.

Check this page: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg309512.aspx
    search for ReadReceiptRequested

Regards Faisal

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 2:19 PM
  • thats what I've done , it doesn't trigger the read receipt though? Have you tried it

Pete

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 2:21 PM
  • Hi. Sorry to intrude this way. I'm looking for Fasa Fiaz who helped us at Entegraty with a Dynamics proposal for one of our clients. Are you the same gentleman? If yes, would you please email me on    hp(at)entegraty(dot)com    .We are looking for help with another opportunity. Thank you and please excuse me if I had the wrong person.
    Wednesday, August 20, 2014 6:13 PM
  • Any ideas anyone ? really need to get this working.

Thanks

Pete

Thursday, August 21, 2014 12:30 PM