When are we getting Google Chrome support? RRS feed

• Question

• Can we at least simply get the page not blocked on Chrome's user agent?
    Just serve it up like you would Firefox or Internet Explorer and see how it goes.
    Friday, September 5, 2008 3:24 PM

Answers

• Since Chrome is still in Beta, we do not have any plans on supporting at this time.  We'll re-evaluate once a non-Beta release is available.
    Jason Garza, Program Manager
    • Marked as answer by Jason A. Garza Friday, September 19, 2008 11:34 PM
    Friday, September 19, 2008 11:34 PM
  • Short answer, no.   The decision has been made to continue with only IE and Firefox support for the time being.  Google Chrome has been holding steady at about 1% of market share since September, so the low adoption rate does not justify the investment to make My.live.com compatible.   We're also not providing Safari support, which has an 8% share.

Monday, April 6, 2009 5:58 PM

All replies

• I'll just second that
    Wednesday, September 10, 2008 9:37 PM
  • Yah, I love my windows live but id love it for if it supported chrome.. 
    Tuesday, September 16, 2008 2:32 AM
  • Since Chrome is still in Beta, we do not have any plans on supporting at this time.  We'll re-evaluate once a non-Beta release is available.
    • Marked as answer by Jason A. Garza Friday, September 19, 2008 11:34 PM
    Friday, September 19, 2008 11:34 PM
  • Heh, knowing Google that probably means there will never be Google Chrome support... :|
    Monday, September 22, 2008 2:16 PM
  • Well, at least they are really trying to make the software and services work flawlessly - take notice Microsoft!
    Monday, September 22, 2008 10:41 PM
  • Now that chrome has left beta, have the plans to support it changed?
    Monday, December 22, 2008 2:51 PM
  • Short answer, no.   The decision has been made to continue with only IE and Firefox support for the time being.  Google Chrome has been holding steady at about 1% of market share since September, so the low adoption rate does not justify the investment to make My.live.com compatible.   We're also not providing Safari support, which has an 8% share.

Monday, April 6, 2009 5:58 PM
  • I dont understand why there would be an investment in supporting chrome and safari. If my.live.com was developed with valid html, css and javascript code then shouldn't it just work with any browser. Isn't that how websites are supposed to work?
    Friday, April 17, 2009 3:07 PM