Purchased OneCare Online - Can I get a CD RRS feed

• Question

• Can I get a OneCare CD after purchasing online? I have a third computer (Vista) I want to install OneCare on, but I'd rather do that with a CD so I don't need to connect to the internet unprotected.

My first two computers didn't go so well. I uninstalled all other Virus, etc. software as instructed in preparation for the installs. Each time I connected those computers to the web (even though I had the Firewall "ON" - XP), I contracted viruses almost immediately. They are clean now and I'm going to try again tonight. Hopefully I can get them installed before infection.

Wow these viruses must be prolific!

Thanks,

Rick

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 6:04 PM

Answers

• The CD won't help as all installations will always go online to download the latest version. A retail CD today is already out of date.

On the PC that has no protection, turn on the Windows Firewall, turn off File and Printer Sharing, turn off all toolbars/addins in your web browser, turn off any messenger type programs, and open your web browser directly to http://onecare.live.com and install OneCare, activating with your LiveID.

-steve

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 7:19 PM