EX475 Upper & Lower Fans at 2500 rpm continuously RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone know why the upper and lower fans are full time at the upper level rpm? I did try to use the fan control add in but that made not difference.  I have ordered a debug cable so that I can look at the bios and according to Bios Agent plus there is a bios update available to my Pheonix R02 7/13/2007 Windows Home Server 2003, When I get the debug cable I will upgrade the bios.

I had to replace 3 green 1.5 TB HD's in the last 8 months, Western Digital say now they do not recommend the green drives for servers because they are susceptible to brown out and heat.  I have just replaced them with blacks. I have APC UPS on the server and I never saw the temp of CPU above 35 mostly at 31.  Temp now is early 20's might not be a bad thing to have the fans running at high RPM but noisy.

I do not want to scrap the unit even though it is a little slow on data access with 6TB in 4 HD's  Appreciate feedback, I would like to upgrade the processor and already have upgraded RAM

Thursday, August 18, 2011 12:09 PM

All replies

• You should contact HP, but if the fans are constantly running at high speed, I would suspect a hardware issue of some sort.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Thursday, August 18, 2011 12:33 PM