Asterisk Phone control RRS feed

• Question

• We have some polycon phne connected to an Asterisk PBX. We would like to use the remote phone control. We also have a SIP proxy doing the tcp to udp translation to talk to Asterisk. Does anyone know the registery entries needed to enable remote phone control on the client and the vaules to make this work?

Thanks in advance,

Mike  

Friday, May 11, 2007 5:02 PM

Answers

• Mike,

It sounds like you are interested in enabling RCC for use with your OC 2007 client. If you are working with the OC 2007 public beta version a new Communicator group policy was introduced named TelephonyMode. This policy was not fully developed at the time and some of its features were not apparent. The configuration for RCC is done on the User object using the Commumincations Tab's / Configuration options. The information entered here for Line URI and Server URI are values that are added to the user objects msRTCSIP-Line and msRTCSIP-LineServer attributes respectively. For instance Tel:+14697761234 (msRTCSIP-Line) and sip:778991234@myDomain.com (msRTCSIP-LineServer - address of RCC server)

Let me test the latest Communicator group policies for the OC 2007 RC to see what changes were made for the TelephonyMode policy and I will repost my findings

Thanks,

Mike Adkins
    Tuesday, July 3, 2007 3:44 PM

All replies