question with remote access to server console RRS feed

• Question

• Ive been using the WHS for about 1 month with pretty much no problems, install was easy and router was no problem... but today I am having a problem accessing the server console remotely. I am having no problems to the shared folders, just accessing the server. I put in the password and it wimes out on me, was concerned it was the computer I was attempting to access but I have accessed it before, also tried a different computer and same thing happened. i even attempted with no firewalls on either side still timed out

any ideas would be great

Scott
    Saturday, February 7, 2009 3:45 AM

All replies

• scott in sd said:

Ive been using the WHS for about 1 month with pretty much no problems, install was easy and router was no problem... but today I am having a problem accessing the server console remotely. I am having no problems to the shared folders, just accessing the server. I put in the password and it wimes out on me, was concerned it was the computer I was attempting to access but I have accessed it before, also tried a different computer and same thing happened. i even attempted with no firewalls on either side still timed out

any ideas would be great

Scott

First thing I would check is to make sure ports 80, 443, and 4125 still let traffic through.  Try using Shields Up! to see if something got messed up with the port forwarding.
    Saturday, February 7, 2009 7:27 AM
  • Hi Scott,

do you mean console access from inhouse? In this case there may be two main reasons:

• You have an NVidia or ATI graphic card in your server and installed a driver of those. In this case check this thread for a registry change on your server to solve the issue.
    • You have installed an application which messed up the permissions (maybe SharePoint services). To see details log on locally on the server with the user name Administrator and the console password and check the Event log in Control Panel/Administrative Tools.

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf

Saturday, February 7, 2009 8:39 AM