Prometric Rescheduling Fee - how many of you notice it while scheduling a test. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ..

Just got hit with a $35 rescheduling fee for changing dates within 15 days of the exam.

On calling Prometric, I was told that 'Microsoft' has enforced this since July 2011 and it is there in the fine print (that is what she said 1st) , then she said ... it is shown in red & so you should not have missed it.

Wondering how many people actually noticed this 'Important Announcement in Red" saying if you reschedule within less than 15 days from the exam,you will have a rescheduling fee.

Honestly, i wish .. there was an alternative ... to Prometric. I have used the other one (pEarson/Provue ???) .. and I think it was far better experience than Prometric.

Thanks for your input people.

AJ

Thursday, March 22, 2012 8:12 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I read it somewhere at the time they announced but have not observed closely at the time of registration. However, if you register for Microsoft certifications at Prometric then you would see something like this on page. Rescheduling is at time hassle for testing center but 15 days is quite prior, that's what I think.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT
    Prometric strives to provide Microsoft candidates with the best possible choice of dates, times and locations in order to take their examination. Current cancel and reschedule rates limit choice for Microsoft candidates, by reserving seats that are never used. In order to encourage test takers to honor scheduled times and reduce reschedule rates to free up seats and times for all Microsoft candidates, Prometric is implementing a reschedule/cancellation fee that will be applied to Microsoft candidates that cancel or reschedule on the web or through the contact center with less than 15 days notice. (Because testing centers are able to control their own schedules, this will not apply to tests that are scheduled / rescheduled directly through a test center). For further information and FAQs click here.

Adil Mughal (MCPD, MCT, MVP) - http://AdilMughal.com

Friday, March 23, 2012 6:18 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I read it somewhere at the time they announced but have not observed closely at the time of registration. However, if you register for Microsoft certifications at Prometric then you would see something like this on page. Rescheduling is at time hassle for testing center but 15 days is quite prior, that's what I think.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT
    Prometric strives to provide Microsoft candidates with the best possible choice of dates, times and locations in order to take their examination. Current cancel and reschedule rates limit choice for Microsoft candidates, by reserving seats that are never used. In order to encourage test takers to honor scheduled times and reduce reschedule rates to free up seats and times for all Microsoft candidates, Prometric is implementing a reschedule/cancellation fee that will be applied to Microsoft candidates that cancel or reschedule on the web or through the contact center with less than 15 days notice. (Because testing centers are able to control their own schedules, this will not apply to tests that are scheduled / rescheduled directly through a test center). For further information and FAQs click here.

Adil Mughal (MCPD, MCT, MVP) - http://AdilMughal.com

Friday, March 23, 2012 6:18 AM
  • I got caught with this (even though I knew about it) when rescheduling a SQL Server 2012 Beta Exam. 

What annoyed me was that there was no warning when I originally booked the exam i.e. the Important Announcement message should be shown if a booking is being made within the 15 day period and candidates should be required to confirm that they've read the message.  If this procedure existed, I would have noticed that I had selected the wrong month while booking my exam.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Sunday, March 25, 2012 4:48 PM
  • Yes, Prometric are CROOKS!!! 

They have you BY THE B*LLS!!

Their strategy is this: If you call to complain about paying the $35 cancellation fee, they put you ON HOLD ... FOREVER... till you get so FED UP that you end up having to pay the fee through their website, just to cancel the exam. What a BUNCH OF CROOKS!!!

• Edited by ErnieKalwa Monday, December 16, 2013 5:28 PM
    Monday, December 16, 2013 4:36 PM
  • ...and if you don't pay the $35 rescheduling fee, you also lose your Second Shot retake, if you don't show up for the exam.

Please keep in mind, everyone, that Prometric is much larger than Microsoft exams. They test everyone on just about everything.

Best wishes, Davin Mickelson

Monday, December 16, 2013 6:54 PM
    Answerer
  • Just got hit with this fee.  I had no idea, and saw no warning.  The warning should be prominently displayed when you register.  I would have held off scheduling had I known.  This is a low-down, dirty rip-off!  Wish now there was some alternative to using them, but I've prepaid my exams.

• Edited by AndrewChe Friday, September 5, 2014 2:48 PM
    Friday, September 5, 2014 2:45 PM