none
History of changesets from Git RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Recently we have migrated from TFS source control to TFS git. And we have an application where we get all the changeset details from TFS using the below code.

var project= new TfsTeamProjectCollection(new Uri("Our TFS location"));
    project.EnsureAuthenticated();

VersionControlServer vcs = (VersionControlServer)project.GetService(typeof(VersionControlServer));

string Path = "Path of the project";

var history = vcs.QueryHistory(path, LatestVersionSpec.Instance,
                   0, RecursionType.Full, null,
                   new DateVersionSpec(DateTime.Now - TimeSpan.FromDays(7)),
                   LatestVersionSpec.Instance, Int32.MaxValue, false, false);

The code above was working fine. But now we have migrated to TFS Git and so the above code doesn't work as we have migrated our code base from TFS to Git. We are still using the same TFS location, it's just that earlier we had the project path something like $/ABC/Path but with Git we don't get this path.

Can you please let me know how can i get the history from Git and if there is any other api which i can use to get the history from Git.

Regards,

Viren

Wednesday, May 22, 2019 12:56 PM

All replies

• system("git log")

-- pa

Wednesday, May 22, 2019 2:37 PM
  • Hi Viren,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

It seems your issue is about TFS and our forum is to discuss the VS IDE, per this announcement and we can report a problem with TFS itself on Developer Community, provide a suggestion on UserVoice, get advice on Stack Overflow, and get support on TFS Support, thank you for your understanding.

If you have any other issues about the VS IDE in the future, please feel free to let us know.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, May 23, 2019 7:02 AM
  • I didn't get this.
    Thursday, May 30, 2019 5:12 AM