none
Regarding exam 70-178 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have passed "Exam 70-178: Managing projects with MS Project 2010" on March 6, 2014.

1. Shall I get any certificate from Microsoft (via email)?

2. I have received the following mail after passing exam:

Step 1: Access the MCP Member Site
    •      Create a Microsoft account if you don’t already have one >>> I DID
    •      On your first visit, click on this link and use your Microsoft Account to log into the MCP Member Site. IMPORTANT: This must be done within 90 days of receiving this email to meet security requirements.

>>> ONCE I CLICK THAT LINK, A MIGRATION PAGE APPEARS ASKING MC ID AND ACCESS CODE.

On that same email, I received an initial MC ID, but NO ACCESS CODE.

Thus, requesting for help to resolve this issue.

Note: The regional support center designated for my country is in another country.

Saturday, March 15, 2014 4:15 AM

Answers

• Hi, enamul_haque.

Congratulations on passing exam 70-178! Besides earning the Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) title, you have also earned MCTS: Microsoft Project 2010, Managing Projects as explained here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en-us/mcts-certification.aspx#item-ID0EIAAAAACA

I will try to answer your questions.

1. You will not get a certificate from Microsoft for passing any exam. Instead, once you pass your first Microsoft exam, you will be given access to the MCP site where you can download a .PDF file of your new certification so you can print it yourself. Alternately, you can order a printed of the certificate and have it mailed to you for a little money.

2. Gather all your information, including your Prometric Candidate ID (printed on your passed exam result sheet) and your MC ID number.

Send an email to Microsoft Learning Support. tell them everything you did as you explained in your question. Their email address is mcphelp@microsoft.com After sending an email to MCP Support, you should soon receive an email back from them telling you they got it and are working on it.

You can also contact your Microsoft Regional Service Center on the phone. Please use the following web page to find the correct contact information for help. NOTE: They may still make you send an email afterwards.
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en-us/help.aspx.

You did not tell me your country. I can only guess that you are from Bangladesh based on your name but I could be wrong. Sorry - I mean no offense. In the link above, you can expand the phone numbers under Asia and Pacific Microsoft Regional Service Center and see the phone number:

Bangladesh

(91) (80) 40103000

Alternately, if you scroll down just a bit further, there is a phone number for all other countries. There is a lot of different pieces of contact information on this page.

This web page includes email and phone contact information for all geographic locations so you can email or call them directly. They will help you get this figured out.

NOTE: This public forum is usually monitored by fellow IT professionals like you and me but not by Microsoft employees.

Good luck!

Best wishes, Davin Mickelson

Saturday, March 15, 2014 6:38 AM
    Answerer