Answers.Microsoft and the Underestimated SEO RRS feed

• General discussion

• I would like to recommend answers.microsoft.com incorporate useful Social Buttons.

You might be asking, "Why?" The answer is simple, although the concept for how it works might be difficult to explain in just one paragraph. So I'll keep it simple. Forget about being able to get an anwers.microsoft.com question voted to the "top page" of other social media Web sites. Adding social media buttons, in this case, is all about the inbound links and long-term search engine awareness.

Just ask any SEO and/or SMO (Social Media Optimization) expert. Just think: when people search for Microsoft and/or keyword related questions using Yahoo!, Bing, or Google, what benefit can be gained from the occasional first page search result pointing to answers.microsoft.com? :-)  In the long run, in my opinion, I believe that adding social buttons to each answer.microsoft.com thread will provide enough inbound links from high traffic social Web sites to increase keyword related search queries for answers.microsoft.com.

• Moved by Sheng Jiang 蒋晟 Friday, January 6, 2012 8:38 PM Microsoft answers feedback: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/feedback/forum (From:Suggestions and Feedback for the Forums)
    Tuesday, July 20, 2010 5:34 PM