none
File Transfer From LINUX OS To Windows OS RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

How to transfer File from LINUX OS To Windows OS? 

My Task:

Data Transfer From Oracle To SQL Server.

Client System:

DB: Oracle

My App supports only,

DB: SQL Server

My Query:

How to Transfer Data from Oracle To SQL Server in Frequent time(like Every Time 10 Min),How to do this?

For ex:

User enters data in my app,it stored in the SQL Server, user will change in the Client app.So we need to transfer data into Oracle DB.This is one task.

Monday, April 20, 2015 3:15 PM

Answers

• Accessing SQL server should be no issue.

I would like to highlight that the OS on which your Oracle DB is hosted makes no difference, whatever the case, the connection method to Oracle SQL server is the same:

1) install this http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/topics/dotnet/index-085163.html

2) reference Oracle.DataAccess.dll in your server app

3) in the module that will perform the syncing between SQL server and Oracle SQL you create the connection as follows:

private OracleConnection connection;
            public void Connect() 
            {
            try{
                    connection = new OracleConnection(); 
                    connection.ConnectionString = "User Id=<username>;Password=<password>;Data Source=<datasource>"; 
                    connection.Open(); 
                }
                catch(Exception ex)
                {
                Console.WriteLine("Error connecting to DB!");
                }
            }

public void Close() 
            {
                try{
                    connection.Close(); 
                    connection.Dispose();
                    }
                catch(Exception ex)
                {
                    Console.WriteLine("Error disconnecting to DB!");
                }
            }

4) depending on your data's logical and physical models, you create a sync method and run it in a separate thread/process?

I hope this helps.

Monday, April 20, 2015 4:25 PM
  • Hi All,

Thanks for your quick reply. 

My App supports only -- sorry for this ,

i am not developed this app, It is a Third Party Application . We can not do anything.

How to transfer the Data from Oracle To SQL Server

Here is the document from MSDN about Migrating Oracle Databases to SQL Server (OracleToSQL)

For more detailed information, please refer to above.

Actually, your case not related to C#.

If you want to ask some issues, please post in Sql forums.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/home?category=sqlserver

Now I will move your thread to "off-topic" forum.

If you have any issues related to C#, please feel free to post in this forum. Thanks for your understanding and support.

Have a nice day!

Kristin

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, April 27, 2015 12:07 PM

All replies

• Accessing SQL server should be no issue.

I would like to highlight that the OS on which your Oracle DB is hosted makes no difference, whatever the case, the connection method to Oracle SQL server is the same:

1) install this http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/topics/dotnet/index-085163.html

2) reference Oracle.DataAccess.dll in your server app

3) in the module that will perform the syncing between SQL server and Oracle SQL you create the connection as follows:

private OracleConnection connection;
            public void Connect() 
            {
            try{
                    connection = new OracleConnection(); 
                    connection.ConnectionString = "User Id=<username>;Password=<password>;Data Source=<datasource>"; 
                    connection.Open(); 
                }
                catch(Exception ex)
                {
                Console.WriteLine("Error connecting to DB!");
                }
            }

public void Close() 
            {
                try{
                    connection.Close(); 
                    connection.Dispose();
                    }
                catch(Exception ex)
                {
                    Console.WriteLine("Error disconnecting to DB!");
                }
            }

4) depending on your data's logical and physical models, you create a sync method and run it in a separate thread/process?

I hope this helps.

Monday, April 20, 2015 4:25 PM
  • Also Oracle has published a Nuget package that is a 100% managed code driver.  Much easier than the OCI-based install.

http://www.nuget.org/packages/Oracle.ManagedDataAccess/

David

David http://blogs.msdn.com/b/dbrowne/

Monday, April 20, 2015 4:31 PM
  • Hi All,

i am not developed this app, It is a Third Party Application . We can not do anything.

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 4:35 AM
  • Hi All,

The code above could be run as a standalone app, no need to make it an extension to your business app. Basically you need to read from the source DB and insert/update in the destination DB, which is quite straightforward.

If you have huge DBs you could make your code check the transaction logs from your source DB in order to avoid reading everything and comparing values.

With standard transaction isolation you should be fine when it comes to concurrency issues.

• Edited by Yazid HAMDI Tuesday, April 21, 2015 9:53 AM Further clarifications
    Tuesday, April 21, 2015 9:34 AM
  • Hi All,

Here is the document from MSDN about Migrating Oracle Databases to SQL Server (OracleToSQL)

For more detailed information, please refer to above.

Actually, your case not related to C#.

If you want to ask some issues, please post in Sql forums.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/home?category=sqlserver

Now I will move your thread to "off-topic" forum.

If you have any issues related to C#, please feel free to post in this forum. Thanks for your understanding and support.

Have a nice day!

Kristin

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Monday, April 27, 2015 12:07 PM
  • Hi Kristin,

Thanks for your reply. This (Migrating Oracle Databases to SQL Server (OracleToSQL)) link is not working ... can you give some idea?

Tuesday, May 5, 2015 5:00 AM
  • Hi Kristin,

Thanks for your reply. This (Migrating Oracle Databases to SQL Server (OracleToSQL)) link is not working ... can you give some idea?

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh313159%28v=sql.110%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Do you mean you cannot open the link above?

It is a MSDN link should be OK.

Tuesday, May 5, 2015 5:11 AM
  • Hi,

yes , I can not open the link.

Tuesday, May 5, 2015 6:50 AM
  • What happens when you click the link?

I get the msdn page with no problem.

If you don't, you should go to msdn.microsoft.com and search for "Migrating Oracle Databases to SQL Server"

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 7:59 PM