Uploading custom report fails - Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ExecutionNotFoundException RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I've developed a custom report that I cannot upload to CRM (don't know if it just this report, but I assume it goes for all custom reports). The event viewer tells me that an exception occured (like the one in the title). I've tracked it down in the logs from the report server:

"w3wp!session!1!06/08/2009-10:31:21:: i INFO: LoadSnapshot: Item with session: 4absxg45e2ujtcq4cdlq2ebx, reportPath: , userName: domain\username not found in the database"

After that the the exception is thrown:
    "w3wp!library!1!06/08/2009-10:31:21:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ExecutionNotFoundException: Execution '4absxg45e2ujtcq4cdlq2ebx' cannot be found, ;  Info: Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ExecutionNotFoundException: Execution '4absxg45e2ujtcq4cdlq2ebx' cannot be found"

I've installed the CRM Rollup 4, SQL 2005 SP3, SRS and the CRM SRS connector on the same server. The built-in reports in CRM works fine. The report server is located at http://server:8000/ReportServer, which is accessible through IE.

If I publish the custom report to the report server, I can access it in CRM if I use "Connect to web site"-parameter when creating a new report.

Any ideas?
    Monday, June 8, 2009 9:12 AM

Answers

• check the datasource of your custom report in Visual Studio and ensure you are using a direct connection to the SQL server and not a shared connection.  If you use a direct connection when you design the report, you will be able to upload it through the CRM server and CRM will make the datasource changes needed to expose it with the same method as other reports.
    Best Regards, Donna
    • Marked as answer by flowjob Friday, June 12, 2009 7:15 PM
    Friday, June 12, 2009 2:36 PM

All replies

• check the datasource of your custom report in Visual Studio and ensure you are using a direct connection to the SQL server and not a shared connection.  If you use a direct connection when you design the report, you will be able to upload it through the CRM server and CRM will make the datasource changes needed to expose it with the same method as other reports.
    Best Regards, Donna
    • Marked as answer by flowjob Friday, June 12, 2009 7:15 PM
    Friday, June 12, 2009 2:36 PM
  • AWESOME!!

Thank you.
    Friday, June 12, 2009 7:15 PM